Aldenham Aviation 020 8953 7480
AvGas / Jet A1
AFIS with occasional A/G.
Mandatory PPR, by telephone, 0900-2000 or SS whichever is earlier.Visiting pilots must obtain a briefing from the Tower.Aerodrome also available at other times by arrangement.
Standard overhead join, Variable Circuits, fixed wing circuit height 1000 ft QFE.
Runway 26 - After take off maintain runway heading until crossing the M1 motorway, then before the cemetry turn right to re-cross the M1. Follow the M1 until 1nm before the junction with the M25 then continue en route.
Runway 08 - After take off maintain runway heading for 1nm before turning left to avoid all built up areas.
Helicopters are to arrive and depart from the ATZ via specific entry / exit point. Pilots should check with aerodrome operator prior to flight.
Circuit Height 750 ft QFE.
Helicopter Route Entry / Exit Points
Alpha: BNN 109°R, 9.6 DME - Bravo: BNN 112°R, 10 DME - Charlie: BNN 122°R, 10.7 DME
Helicopter arrivals to position to the northern grass at 500 ft QFE.
The following is an extract of the AIP
See the NATS website for all of the info
Local Traffic Regulations
- Terms and conditions of use are available on request from the aerodrome operator.
- Aerodrome not available to aircraft unable to communicate by radio
- Gliders, para dropping and banner towing not permitted.
- High visibility clothing is mandatory airside.
CAT II/III Operations
- Distance between taxiway centre-lines and the nearest obstruction is generally only 10.5m. Pilots taxi with extreme caution.
- HT Cables, 95 ft aal running east-west approximately 0.3 nm of Runway 08-26
- HT Cables, running north - south approximately 0.21 nm from the threshold of Runway 08.
Use of Runways
Only Runway 26 is licensed for night use.